Did you book a South Lake Tahoe vacation rental for Labor Day? You came to the right spot! This is such a fun summer send off. If you booked a South Lake Tahoe vacation rental as a way to enjoy your last summer weekend, you are in for a treat. There are TONS of fun activities going on around town that will keep you and your crew busy. The best part is all our vacation rentals in South Lake Tahoe are located within minutes of all the celebrations. Of course, with all the traveling, there are some things to know before you go and with a busy weekend ahead, we thought we’d pass on some local pro tips!
- There will be traffic. In fact, there will be traffic all weekend long. A lot of travelers assume that just the travel days (Friday & Monday) will be busy, but it is every single day all throughout town, the entire weekend. Not just car traffic either. You will want to keep an eye out for scooters, skateboarders, bikers, strollers, pedestrians and boats.
- Want to avoid that traffic? Go early. Whether it is going to the store, getting gas or snagging a spot at the beach, if you want a prime spot or want to avoid the lines, go first thing in the am.
- Want to get out of town and avoid the line on HWY 50 heading through Meyers? Consider booking an extra day at your South Lake Tahoe vacation rental and leaving on Tuesday. Or wait until evening time when most folks have already packed up and left.
- Parking can be a bit tight. If you have booked vacation rentals in South Lake Tahoe that are close to the places you want to go, consider walking or a ride share. Harvey’s and Harrah’s now charge for parking while the Raley’s shopping center near the Heavenly Village fines folks for using their parking lot but not shopping. In the off season, this has flexibility, but during a holiday weekend, there are extra eyes. If you are parking on the road to access a beach or a trail, make sure you are pulled off completely. Sticking out on the highway not only opens you up for damage, but it can also hold up traffic.
- It is fire season, so be smart. Fire works are not allowed. If you are BBQing or roasting S’mores outside, keep a close eye on sparks or flammable items nearby. One of the perks to booking vacation rentals in South Lake Tahoe is that you get the comforts of home while away, but you still need to be aware of your surroundings and make sure you make smart decisions.
- Don’t feed the wild life! Pick up your trash, use the appropriate receptacles and shut all windows and lock doors when you aren’t using the property. Bears can, and will, break into cars, homes and camp sites if food is not properly stored.
Have so much fun and thanks for spending your Labor Day weekend here with us in South Lake Tahoe!